HARLINGEN, TEXAS (OCT. 4, 2019) – Manufacturing Day focuses on the skilled labor shortage they face, connect with future generations, take charge of the public image of manufacturing, and ensure the ongoing prosperity of the whole industry. Learn more about the national event: https://www.mfgday.com/
Here are some facts you need to do about manufacturing:
- Manufacturers contributed $2.38 trillion to the U.S. economy.
- For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, another $1.82 is added.
- The majority of manufacturing firms in the United States are quite small.
- There are 12.82 million manufacturing workers in the United States.
- Manufacturing workers in the United States earned $84,832 annually.
- 92 percent of manufacturing employees were eligible for health insurance.
- Manufacturers have experienced tremendous growth.
- Over the next decade, 4.6 million manufacturing jobs will likely be needed.
- Over the past 28 years, U.S.-manufactured goods exports have quadrupled.
- Manufactured goods exports have grown substantially.
- Manufacturers export nearly half of U.S. manufacturing output.
- World trade in manufactured goods has more than doubled.
- Manufacturing in the US would be the eighth-largest economy in the world.
- Foreign direct investment in U.S. manufacturing exceeded $1.6 trillion.
- Affiliates of foreign multinational enterprises employed nearly 2.5 million.
- Manufacturers perform 64 percent of all private-sector R&D.
- Manufacturers consume more than 30 percent of the nation’s energy.
- The cost of federal regulations falls on manufacturers.